Location: Houston, TX
Job Level: Experienced
The ideal candidate will work as part of a larger business development team, under the guidance of the proposal manager, to assist in crafting winning solutions to Request for Proposals (RFPs). This includes close interaction with capture managers, program and project managers, strategic business unit leaders, and technical professionals. The Proposal Coordinator must be able to articulate the winning business solution into a winning proposal. This includes developing and managing proposal plans, proposal preparation (assisting a team of writers, graphic artists, schedulers, estimators, procurement, contracts, and other key proposal development functions), and proposal delivery. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and natural leader as you will have end-to-end responsibility for leading your team, up through delivery to the client, of a winning task proposal. Although not extensive, some travel as well as evening and weekend work may be required. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that the solution is contained in the proposal document in a creative, compelling, and compliant manner.
The Proposal Coordinator will:
• Take ownership of proposal development and related support processes, proposal planning, questions, written proposals, oral presentations, etc.
• In concert with the capture manager, plan, coordinate the schedule for, select the membership of, and lead effective, results-driven storyboarding/story-lining, kickoff, and review meetings (i.e., Pink Team, Red Team, Gold Team, etc.).
• Ability to conceptualize and develop strategic win themes and discriminators.
• Proactively develop, maintain, and continuously apply the proposal management process for each proposal, to include schedule, outlines, storyboards, themes, action items, etc.
• Write and synthesize proposal/marketing narrative in near-real time as required.
• Leverage existing archived proposal information.
• Develop targeted questions and interview technical and program staff to extract critical information necessary to develop compelling solutions.
• Remain current on all solicitation amendments and modifications.
• Perform quality check of all proposal sections and volumes to include creation and verification/validation of a detailed compliance matrix.
• Be ultimately responsible for accuracy and quality.
• A Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing or an engineering-related discipline.
• Five or more years of overall progressive experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-volume proposal environment.
• Track record of winning $1M+ contracts at a minimum.
• Proven ability to conceptualize and write compelling, marketing-oriented proposal narrative from scratch as required.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and MS Office Suite business applications required.
Send Resume to email@example.com or apply directly online: https://www.aptim.com/careers [aptim.com]