Company: Binkley & Barfield, Inc.
Location: Houston, TX
Job Level: Mid-Level
Binkley & Barfield, Inc. (BBI) is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering consulting firm with headquarters in Houston, and fully staffed regional offices in Richardson, Austin, Round Rock, San Antonio, and College Station. Incorporated in 1972, the firm has been serving Texas for over 45 years and has a total company-wide staff of over 200 employees. BBI has a focus on regional and state surface transportation, complex public infrastructure, land development, and utility projects. The Marketing & Proposal Specialist will prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, drafts and obtaining approvals. Proposals will be from a variety of public sources including, but not limited to: City of Galveston, City of Houston, Fort Bend County, Galveston County, Harris County, Montgomery County, Fort Bend County, Toll Road Authority, Harris County Flood Control District, Harris County Toll Road Authority, Houston Airport System, Houston METRO, Midtown District, TxDOT, Upper Kirby District, and Westchase District.
• Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval, entering and monitoring data, coordinating requirements with contributors, communicating proposal status information at review meetings, desktop publishing and producing proposals.
• Coordinates the maintenance of various marketing databases (clients/contacts, projects and resumes).
• Assist with the planning and coordination of various marketing/corporate events.
• Provide input and maintain graphic standards with consistency.
• Develops designs for postcards, eblasts, proposal covers, tradeshow needs, presentations, etc.
• Assist the marketing department with day-to-day tasks and functions.
• Perform other marketing related tasks as directed by the Marketing Director.
•Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, English, Journalism, Communications or related field.
• Graphic design and desktop publishing skills: in depth experience in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
• Prior A/E/C firm RFQ/SOQ experience. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent proofreading, formatting, and editing skills.
• Good attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good organizational skills.
• The ability to work under pressure, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, staff, and external contacts.
• Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Deltek Vision.
• Member of SMPS (Society for Marketing Professional Services) a plus.
Interested candidates should email their resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org