Company: Raba Kistner, Inc.
Location: Houston, TX
Job Level: 0-5 years
POSITION TITLE: Proposal Coordinator
The Proposal Coordinator shall primarily support the Houston office of Raba Kistner, which is a multi-discipline, multi-office project management; engineering and environmental consulting; and materials testing company that operates in Texas, Utah, Oklahoma, Arizona, Nebraska and Mexico. Our client base, both existing and potential, comes from the private, public and federal sectors. Our project work is obtained through sole sourcing and qualifications-based selection and/or price. Our competition ranges from small, one office companies to regional offices representing national companies. The Proposal Coordinator’s primary responsibility is working closely with the Marketing Resources Manager, Corporate Development and the Director of Marketing and the rest of the Corporate Development team to support the overall business development efforts of the Houston marketplace with the goal of increasing profitability and market share. A close working relationship and regular communication with the Principals and senior staff in the Houston offices is a key part of this job.
General responsibilities include producing:
• RFQ/RFP/LOI proposals
• Teaming submittals
• And other items associated with the new business process, to include literature, short list presentations, as examples
Responsibilities would also include:
• Coordinating information management systems and processes
• Supporting marketing initiatives and special projects
• Communicating/coordinating with internal and external clients, marketing team members, sub consultants and vendors
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: EMPLOYEE SHALL HAVE THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) RFQ/RFP/LOI Proposals and Teaming (80%) Employee must be able to demonstrate quickly a working understanding of company business, policies, procedures, programs and services. It is important that candidate demonstrate a proficiency in interpreting data received from an engineering or environmental resource and making the language understandable to a lay person not in the engineering field, e.g, accounting, marketing, etc. Lead internal planning meetings and gather information, write, design, layout, produce and coordinate delivery of marketing submittals and correspondence to include:
• Request for Qualification (RFQs)/Request for Proposals (RFPs)
• TxDOT Letters of Interest (LOIs) • Subconsultant Opportunities (Teaming Information) (2) Information Management (10%)
Coordinate systems and processes including:
• Maintenance/updates of employee resumes, development of resumes for new employees
• Maintenance/updates of proposal information databases (project descriptions, boilerplate information, financial information, photography) (3) PR/Advertising/Website Support (5%)
Support Marketing Director with graphic support for marketing initiatives including, but not limited to:
• Design, writing and production of print pieces, e.g., ads, direct mail
• Design/produce formal announcements for new offices, services and hires
• Assist with publication of internally prepared articles in appropriate trade journals
• Assist with Conference/Trade-Show marketing materials
• Assist with development of content for the R-K website, e-newsletters to clients
(4) Special Projects/Events Support (3%) Participate in and support
Marketing Director on special projects when needed, including, but not limited to:
• Support of corporate strategic initiatives
• Assist with presentation materials for shortlist interview/presentations
• Assist with presentation materials used at corporate management meetings
• Coordination/support for seminars, client receptions and other events for all offices to include design, production, and mailing of invitations; and generate follow-up marketing collateral, meeting planning and meeting management
(5) Professional Development (2%)
Manage and coordinate their own ongoing professional and community development including, but not limited to:
• Continuing on-the-job training and specialized training (better business techniques, software training, continuing education)
• Involvement in assigned professional and community organizations
(6) Understand, adhere and participate in the Raba Kistner Health and Safety and Behavior Based Safety Programs and set a good safety example.
(7) Other Duties as Assigned by Direct Report.
QUALIFICATIONS: EMPLOYEE SHALL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
(1) Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or other related field.
(2) Minimum two- to-five years of experience in communications-related position, where interpreting and producing high level of writing on technical subjects were key areas of responsibility. Experience in the A/E/C industry, a plus.
(3) Good understanding of general marketing and public relations principles.
(4) Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
(5) Minimum word processing of 60 wpm.
(6) Excellent oral communication and people skills to interact successfully with R-K staff and leadership.
(7) Good time management skills and ability to balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals.
(8) Good at detail management for projects with multiple elements to be combined into a single deliverable.
(9) Shall be self-motivated and have ability to work independently without much close supervision.
(10) High level of skills with the highest degree of professionalism, initiative and discretion in performing duties on a daily basis.
(11) Well-organized and professional appearance.
(12) Works well with all types and levels of people both outside the company, including with clients, vendors and other sub consultants.
(13) Persistent, tactful, enthusiastic and detail-oriented.
(14) High proficiency with graphic software, including InDesign, working knowledge and skill level with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
(15) Possess valid Texas driver’s license and meet company\’s auto insurability requirements.
(16) Ability to comply with all attendance requirements as noted in most current edition of
Corporate Policy Manual. Must be able to work beyond normal schedule when needed and is a true team player.
(1) Works in normal office environment.
(2) Work related responsibilities require occasional travel out of town to Raba Kistner offices and client offices, as necessary.
Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment. Raba Kistner supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply. APPLY: www.rkci.com (COMPLETE THE ON LINE APPLICATION AND UPLOAD YOUR RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION) HR Contact: Mary Clark 210-694-3625 www.facebook.com/RabaKistner/