Company: Vaughn Construction
Location: Houston, TX
Job Level: 0-5 years
Responsible for leading proposals and interview initiatives as well as other proposal support and preparation for new business opportunities to which they are assigned. Additionally, responsible for implementing a variety of other marketing activities as assigned, including but not limited to public relations and social media initiatives, company events and trade shows, collateral material, etc.
• Lead efforts to successfully respond to RFPs and RFQs as assigned.
• Perform quality control reviews of other marketing staff’s responses to RFPs and RFQs as requested.
• Lead efforts to successfully respond to short-list interviews (prepare PowerPoint presentations and produce hand-outs, coach project team on successful interviewing and Q&A techniques).
• Lead publicity efforts for awarded projects (ground breakings, topping outs, ribbon cuttings, etc.).
• Assist with maintaining marketing collateral in company database and electronic files (resumes, project sheets, and boilerplate responses).
• Assist with public relations and social media initiatives.
• Maintains, understands, and continues learning Vaughn’s portfolio of work, practice areas, and firm capabilities.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Desktop publishing experience (working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop) required.
• Expert knowledge of presentation software along with strong presentation design skills.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Strong editing and proof readings skills, and extreme attention to detail.
• Ability to interact directly with principals, senior project management, and staff at all levels.
• Creative, well organized, capable of prioritizing and being proactive in a busy office environment.
• Ability to maintain a strong focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying workloads.
• Excellent ability to multi-task and respond to constantly changing needs and schedules.
• Acts in a manner of integrity that shows support for the Company, its values, and employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
• Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, delegate and provide direction to others, and effectively address conflict.
• Builds constructive and effective relationships, and establish rapport; relates to all kinds of people at all levels inside and outside the organization.
• B.S. in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or related field.
• Minimum 3 years of professional marketing and/or communications experience.
• Experience in the AEC industry is preferred. • Travel to other Vaughn offices, client offices or meeting sites is required.
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org