Location: Houston, TX
Job Level: Mid-Level
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 14,000 people globally. Our Houston office is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing and Business Development team. Working in a collaborative environment, this position combines the traditional marketing coordination role with market research and information management. The ideal candidate will have experience in the preparation of traditional qualifications packages and proposals, as well as Prime submissions for large-scale infrastructure, transportation and building projects. This position reports directly to the Houston office Marketing Manager, and interacts regularly with Arup’s regional marketing team.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Working in collaboration with our marketing team to prepare proposal responses, including initial outlines, appropriate forms and other specialized documents to support the buildings, consulting and infrastructure businesses.
• Working with technical teams to ensure material is on message and appropriately targeted.
• Collaborating in the preparation of information and materials for submittals, requests for qualifications, and proposals.
• Managing the preparation of submission packages, tailored resumes, responses and presentations for selected RFQs and RFPs.
• Market Research + Information Management: • Daily tracking and research of new project leads.
• Develop, maintain and update project and technical information in databases for use in submissions and other marketing materials.
• Develop, maintain and update marketing collateral, including resumes, project sheets, project lists, capability statements and brochures.
• Research upcoming conferences, award submittal dates and other activities, and help to maintain a calendar of this information.
• Research and implement other specific BD initiatives.
The Qualified Professional will have:
• Must have excellent communication, strong writing and organizational skills.
• At least 3+ years’ experience in marketing/business development in the A/E/C services industry.
• Must have bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in Marketing, planning engineering or related technical field.
• Must be experienced in the following computer applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Must be confident, self-motivated, and proactive, with proven ability to juggle/respond to multiple deadlines under pressure. Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resumes to Sean.Kydd@arup.com