2017 SMPS Houston Design Awards
Each year marketers and business developers in Houston’s built environment come together for an evening of celebration to honor the most creative and effective marketing materials. These awards recognize the companies that most successfully promote their services in the Houston region.
Below is a summary of the Design Awards document. Please review the Call For Entries thoroughly to learn about all aspects and criteria of the design awards process. Once ready, please submit all entries online.
The 2017 SMPS Houston Design Awards competition will recognize marketing excellence and celebrate winners in 8 categories:
- Social Media
- Email Campaign
- Mixed Media
- Special Event Materials/Holiday Pieces
- Corporate Identity Package
- Firm Brochure
- Target Marketing/Specific Project Marketing
Marketing materials completed and distributed to professional services and firms between July 2016 and July 2017 may be submitted for the 2017 SMPS Houston Design Awards. Materials may be submitted in any of the categories; each piece may only be entered once, in one category.
All entries must be submitted digitally via Submittable. Entries must include:
- Completed PowerPoint (template is provided HERE – click “Download” button on top left of screen and select appropriate location)
- Completed Entry Information Packet
- Firm logo
- Image to be inserted into the Peer’s Choice book formatted to a landscape 9×12 .JPG
All entries must be received by 5pm on
September 19, 2017. Deadline extended to Friday September 22!
- Early Bird (August 1 – August 11): Member ($50) /Non-Member ($100)
- Regular (August 12 – August 25): Member ($100) /Non-Member ($150)
- Late (August 26 – September 1): Member ($150) /Non-Member ($200)
In addition to winning entries in each category, an overall Best of Show award will be chosen, depending on the judges’ discretion, as well as a Most Liked Award where votes are tallied on the SMPS Houston Chapter’s Facebook Page. Also, gala attendees will vote for the Peer’s Choice award, to be presented the evening of the event.
Finalists will receive notification by email prior to the Gala and will be encouraged to attend, as awards are announced and presented at the Gala.
Winners will receive recognition in the Chapter’s email newsletter, social media platforms, and website.